Monday, April 25, 2011

Trail Magic and Max Patch Bald - April 24th

 Trail Magic! A group known as Rat Pack spends 4 days of every year setting up a huge spread of food for thru-hikers. Rat is a former hiker. We got a late breakfast of eggs, bacon, and mana cake. Then they fired up the grill and made huge burgers for lunch.

The southern Tennessee boys - Rat, Ox, and Bobby . Thanks for the trail magic!
Red trilium surrounded by Dutchman's Breeches
 Max Patch Bald. Sunday, April 24th. We took off our boots and lay in the grass for an hour here.
 View back at the Smokies from Max Patch Bald

 Painted Trilium - I can't stop taking pictures of the many kinds along the trail
The hillsides and valleys were covered with trilium

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

These are actually called Painted Trillium--the prettiest of the pretty. I am SO excited you got to see them. Get some super close-ups for me. I wish I could see them, too!

Anonymous said...

I have many more! I plan to put my flower shots on my picassa albumn and send them to people who like flowers.